Nov 2017 - News from the President

Bookmark and Share

Dear Members,

I am just sitting at my desk working on the All Members meeting slides for our November ECM on the 15th.  As we start to bring 2017 to a close, I feel it is a good time to share how we did this year with our strategic goals.

Our first goal was to increase our membership to 2,400 members.  We started the year in January with 2,278 members, so we felt that 2,400 was a good target.  Well, we reached 2,400 by the end of March.  So we added a stretch goal of 2,500 members, and achieved that number by the end of June.  As of October 31, our membership count is 2,508.  Our VP Membership, Susan Wynn and her team have done a great job in meeting that goal.

Our second goal was to meet the new requirement that PMI has set for chapters reserve funds.  Our chapter was quite short of our required reserves, but we have closed the gap and increased our reserve requirement by 71% this year, and have plans in place to reach the remaining 29% in 2018.  Mary Ryan, VP Finance, and her team have done an excellent job to help meet the new requirements.  The board all contributed and supported the achievement of these goals.

And our third goal for 2017 was to develop and implement a formalized succession plan for chapter leadership.  We have fallen short on that goal in 2017, due to a couple of resignations from the board, and the time required to find replacements.  I am proud to say that we do have a full board at this time, with no vacancies, and will work diligently in 2018 to develop a succession plan.

So, all in all from my perspective, the chapter leaders are working well as a team to meet our goals, set new goals for 2018, and continue to provide the membership with the value they expect from the chapter.

As I mentioned last month, this coming year will be a real exciting year for PMI Phoenix as we kick off our 40th Anniversary with a bang in January.  We will have Randy Black, PMI Board of Directors for our January dinner meeting speaker.    Please note, this meeting has been moved to January 11, 2018 at Orangetree.

And we have a special gift for every member that attends this meeting.

Then, on February 20th we have a visit from one of the most sought after speakers in Project Management, Dr. Harold Kerzner.  He will be here in Phoenix and hold a class on the ‘Future of Project Management”.  It will be held at the University of Phoenix, and may be limited so be sure and sign up early.

And in March it even gets better with one of the founding fathers, James R. Snyder, speaking at the March 14 ECM.  He will share the History of PMI and the Phoenix Chapter .

In closing, please remember it is our volunteers that make this chapter what it is.  Without them, we would not have a chapter.  I do appreciate all the hard working volunteers, their dedication and hard work is truly amazing. We have a great team and they work every day to provide value to our membership.  Together, we will make the Phoenix Chapter the best.

Thank you,

John C. Baley, MBA,PMP

President

PMI Phoenix Chapter    

    

STAY INFORMED!

Not a member yet? Subscribe here to stay up on the latest exciting news & events!

Contact us

PMI Phoenix Chapter
PO Box 26226
Scottsdale Arizona 85255 

Click here to contact us!

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us & get in touch.