Two - One Day Training Courses Available from the PMI Phoenix Chapter
presented by Dr. James T. Brown of SEBA Solutions, Inc.
Two Opportunities to Earn PDUs - Register for one class or two!
- Day 1 is Risk Management Strategies and Tactics (May 17,2017) - Register for Both Days on May 17th event for special savings on the 18th.
- Day 2 is Leadership Skills for Project Managers (May 18, 2017) - If attending May 18th only, Register for May 18 on May 18th event.
Register for 1 day or two! Classes are filling up!
- 1 class - $290
- Both Classes -$550
Project Risk Management Strategies & Tactics
This course provides an overview of project risk management techniques. Participants learn how to identify project risks and manage those risks throughout the project life cycle. Specific emphasis will be placed throughout the course with having a proactive approach for risk management in order to successfully deliver projects.
After completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the advantages of risk management as a process
- Identify all project risks in a team environment
- Write effective risk statements
- Perform qualitative risk analysis for project risks
- Develop the criteria for a qualitative risk matrix
- Perform quantitative risk analysis for project risks
- Use three-point estimates to characterize costs and schedule risks
- Perform expected value calculations
- Select quantitative or qualitative risk analysis based on the +’s and –‘s of each method
- Generate risk response plans
- Screen and prioritize risks
- Communicate Risks to project stakeholders to maximize customer satisfaction
- Explain how our “risk attitudes” affect how we manage risks
- Recognize that risk monitoring and control is an ongoing process
This course can be customized in length to fit your needs and is specifically targeted for project managers, project team members and project stakeholders.
Instructor: Dr. James T. Brown of SEBA Solutions, Inc.
Bio: DR. JAMES T. BROWN, PMP, PE,CSP, has spoken to audiences from Anchorage Alaska to Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. He is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) by the National Speakers Association. It is the highest earned designation in the speaking industry. Participants say his use of stories and humor bring critical truths to light, in an entertaining way that leaves them motivated to take action. He provides brilliant bluntness on real world, common sense practices for project management and leadership. An IBM executive stated after Dr. Brown’s keynote speech, “If we all took the time to step back and remember what Dr. Brown taught us, we would be unstoppable in the marketplace.” Dozens and dozens of leading companies—including Siemens, Honeywell, IBM and Bristol-Myers Squibb—have brought Dr. Brown in to improve their project execution and leadership through training.
Agenda: Class starts: 8:30 am (continental breakfast), Lunch Break: 12:00 (food will be provided, 30 minutes), afternoon snack, Class Ends: 4:00 pm
Location: Facilities provided by University of Phoenix - 1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, Az Rooms 401,402,403
PDUs: 7, SEBA Solutions will provide certificates.