Military Outreach Program Purpose
- Provide networking and educational opportunities for local veterans, active duty personnel, and military spouses interested in transitioning into Project Management
- Assist local companies interested in supporting the successful transition of veterans
- Increase awareness of PMI and PMI Phoenix and contribute to community outreach
- Increase certifications of military members, through training, education, and mentorship
- Increase general membership in our local chapter
Resources are available for Military Veterans and their families at LightBox Chapter Military Veterans Program.
- Chapter Veterans Program Flyer
- Military Program Presentation
- Preparing Military for PM Careers Training Slides
- VA Reimbursement Process Brochure
- Monthly Breakfast Meetings - West by Northwest Breakfast Meetings
Learn about translating military experience into Project Management experience. Military veterans and spouses can join the PMI Phoenix Chapter at NO COST during their first year of membership. Chapter membership offers a community of like-minded professionals that can offer mentoring, help with skills identification and translation, study groups certification preparation, and finding a job.
Essential to the success of the Military Outreach program is the volunteer position of AVP of Military Affairs, presently filled by Paul Martin, who is a Specialist Section Chief with the US Air Force Reserves. Paul is building Project Management assistance programs and training for transitioning military, and can be frequently found at PMI Phoenix Chapter events. He is passionate about helping the veteran community expand their professional network, work toward a PM certification, and find employment.
For further information about our Military Outreach program, please contact Paul Martin at:
Project Management Institute
PO Box 26226
Scottsdale, AZ 85255