The goals of the PMI Phoenix Chapter service awards are:
- To formally recognize individual member contributions to the chapter.
- To encourage volunteer contribution through recognition and incentives.
- To visibly reinforce outstanding volunteer efforts as the basis for PMI Phoenix Chapter success.
- To encourage new and existing volunteers to strive for performance excellence, thus allowing the PMI Phoenix Chapter to improve its value to the PMI membership and community.
Volunteer of the Month
Each month, the PMI Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors selects one “Volunteer of the Month”, and the recipient is recognized and announced at the Evening Chapter Meetings.
The “Volunteer of the Month” receives:
- $10.00 Gift Card
- A VOTM Certificate of Appreciation
- With approval, recognition on the chapter website throughout the month
- With approval, recognition in the Newsletter
- Upon request, Employer Volunteer Commendation Letter
- Upon request, LinkedIn recommendation
PMI President's Circle Award
All PMI Phoenix Chapter members are eligible to nominate a PMI Phoenix Chapter volunteer who has provided “exceptional leadership service” to the Chapter over a minimum period of 3 consecutive months. The nominee’s volunteer leadership efforts have resulted in significant positive impact to the growth of the PMI Phoenix Chapter. The winner is selected solely at the discretion of the current PMI Phoenix Chapter President and is awarded 1 to 2 times per year at evening PDM chapter meetings.
Andy Aiyer - Volunteer Award Winner for January 2018
Andy has been a PMI volunteer for 15 years! He started in 2002 as a new Project. He saw he could connect with other PMI members via networking, develop leadership skills by managing volunteer projects, enhance his interpersonal skills and gain a sense of accomplishment.
He has held several positions during this time: Chapter MC, A/V Manager, Program Team Finance Liaison and AVP Finance. What has been rewarding to him is the ability to make a difference in the Phoenix PMI chapter.
His message to new members considering volunteer work includes the ability to earn PDUs (one volunteer hour = 1 PDU), meeting and making connections with local PMs through networking, learning new PM skills while enhancing professional skills and helping those in the community.
One of Andy’s interests is being a member of a think tank that discusses current events.
Teresa Franco - Volunteer Award Winner for December 2017
Teresa has been a PMI member since 2009. She served from 2009-2011 and from 2016-Present. She was requested by PMI leadership to return to the Volunteer Recognition position she had held in 2011.
She is responsible for recognizing an outstanding PMI Phoenix Chapter volunteer every month. She enjoys seeing volunteers recognized for their contributions to the chapter community. She finds volunteering to be very rewarding as she has gained many friends in a professional community of diverse project managers.
Teresa has two grown children, two grandchildren and another grandchild on the way. She spends lots of time in Prescott and enjoys walking and hiking.
Ken Roundtree - Volunteer Award Winner for November 2017
Ken has brought significant value to the PMI Phoenix Chapter since he joined in 2013. He became a volunteer upon passing the PMP exam that year and has demonstrated, for the past four years, a strong ethic and passion for supporting other PMI members with their goal of passing the PMP the first time. He has been one of the main facilitators of the South Valley Study Group and at his workplace, the State of Arizona, and has seen over 30 people successfully attain their PMP.
He finds that volunteering with the chapter has brought a great deal of satisfaction to him personally by sharing his love for teaching while continuing to learn from his experiences. On his anniversary of passing his PMP, in 2016, he also acquired his PMP-ACP credential.
Ken has been married for 25 years and plays multiple instruments. He has recorded two CDs of his original songs and plays in his church’s worship services. In addition to “birthing” PMPs, he loves movies and travel.
Trevor Stasik - Volunteer Award Winner for October 2017
Trevor joined the Phoenix Chapter of PMI in December of 2016 and started volunteering in many capacities including Membership Reporting, review of Comparative Chapters, marketing of Social Media and this year’s Volunteer Appreciation Pub Crawl. Trevor’s initial goal in volunteering was to learn more about Project Management, to participate in networking, gain experience and to provide support to a local, professional organization.
Trevor finds the interaction with chapter members is most fulfilling. He has experienced, with the chapter leadership, “brilliant” leadership, great tactical planning, execution and a continual effort and focus on making the chapter better. There is a concerted effort to engage and communicate both within the chapter and as an outreach for finding new members.
Trevor finds that if he has a good idea, there is strong acceptance for finding a way to apply it to help the chapter. The variety for engaging in many facets of the organization has no limit.
Trevor lives in Mesa with his wife, Chris, and his dog, Hazel. He loves old TV episodes on Netflix, movies at the Alamo Drafthouse, and Star Trek comic books. He works as a Business Analyst with the Strategy Team at Make-A-Wish America, an organization that grants the wishes of children with life-changing illnesses. He holds a CAPM and is working toward the requirements for PMP certification. He holds a BBA in Finance and Communications from Temple University.
2018 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- January - Andy Aiyer, AVP Finance - Finance Team
2017 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- December - Teresa Franco, Director Volunteer Recognition - Membership Team
- November - Ken Roundtree, Manager Credential Study Group - Professional Development Team
- October - Trevor Stasik, Manager Membership Ambassador - Membership Team
- September - Ramon Diaz, Director Evening Remote Meetings - Programs Team
- August - Shane Cretacci, Manager Social Media - Marketing Team
- July - Sean Daly, Director Networking - Programs Team
- June - Wes Giron, Director Elections - Operations Team
- May - John Robertson, Manager PMP Exam Study Group - Professional Development Team
- April - Brian Law, Manager Member Ambassador - Membership Team
- March - Cerila Gaillard, Manager Member Ambassador - Membership Team
- February - Deborah Caltagirone, Director Professional Development - Professional Development Team
- January - Katie Ruzicka, Manager Volunteer Management - Membership Team
2016 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- November - Ted Simpson, Manager Chapter Voicemail - Operations Team
- October - Arlene Chemello, Financial Liaison - Finance Team
- September - Co-Winners: Chantie Feinman, Co-Director Social Media, and Nicole Langston, Co-Director Social Media - Communications Team
- August - Tom Stinson, Webmaster - Communications Team
- July - Brian Zeltins, Director Volunteer Management - Membership Team
- June - Marcia Solochek, AVP Evening Chapter Meetings
- May - Simona Budurlean, AVP Volunteer Services - Membership Team
- April - Nikki Stein, Director Speaker Selection - Professional Development Team
- March - Sierra Rose, Director Core Infrastructure - Communications Team
- February - Rick Sowers, Director Evening Chapter Meetings (North) - Programs Team
- January - Joe Joyce, Networking Manager - Programs Team
2015 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- October - Tom Thorn
- September - Colleen Boles
- August - Susan Wynn
- July - Lisa Rodriguez
- June - Gary McDermott
- May - Krystle Kibler
- April - Rodney Jerger
- March - Jeff Mahoney
- February - Denise Ribeiro
- January - Jon Sears
2014 President's Circle Award recipients:
- May - Marcia Solochek
- Dec - Ronald Askew
2014 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- November - John DeRosa
- October - David Tutch
- September - Roy Blomquist
- August - Russell Denison AND Zachary Thomas
- July - Janeen Bonine
- June - Vasily Brodsky
- May - Russ Brown
- Apr - Sandra Bufford
- Mar - Justin Peyton
- Feb - Ron Askew
- Jan - Paul Bartal