PMI PHOENIX CHAPTER VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION
The goals of the PMI Phoenix Chapter service awards are:
To formally recognize individual member contributions to the chapter.
To encourage volunteer contribution through recognition and incentives.
To visibly reinforce outstanding volunteer efforts as the basis for PMI Phoenix Chapter success.
To encourage new and existing volunteers to strive for performance excellence, thus allowing the PMI Phoenix Chapter to improve its value to the PMI membership and community.
Ramon A. Diaz - Volunteer Award Winner for September 2017
Ramon joined the Phoenix PMI Chapter as a volunteer in March of this year. His move toward volunteering began when, during a Chapter meeting, he shared with Susan and Mary the need for events in the East Valley. This idea was already in the works and, a few events later and at their request, he took on the challenge of launching the East Valley Satellite location.
Ramon launched the East Valley Satellite by scouting venues, enlisting volunteer help and rallying for support. This was a tremendous effort to accomplish. He had the satellite up and running in time for the May networking event.
Ramon says of his experience as a volunteer: “Committed people are the ones that make things happen and the rewards are great. So, commit and do it!”
Ramon is married with two grown children. He started his career as a Chemical Engineer and then moved into Supply Chain Project Management. He enjoys all things outdoors.
Shane Cretacci - Volunteer Award Winner for August 2017
Shane joined the Phoenix PMI Chapter as a volunteer in June of this year. He is the Social Media Manager/Webmaster on the Marketing Communications Team. His focus has been Facebook and chapter website posting events.
Shane decided to become a volunteer both to gain PDUs for his credential renewal and also to gain experience with the chapter. He has found it a great way to give something back to the profession in addition to the benefit of acquiring PDUs. He enjoys “working with a great team of people who care about the chapter and want to see it grow”.
Shane is married with a four-year old daughter and loves spending time with his family. He enjoys anything techy, both at his job as a Project Manager for a large systems integrator, ConvergeOne, and for his hobbies.
- September - Ramon Diaz, Director Evening Remote Meetings - Programs Team
- August - Shane Cretacci, Manager Social Media - Marketing Team
- July - Sean Daly, Director Networking - Programs Team
- June - Wes Giron, Director Elections - Operations Team
- May - John Robertson, Manager PMP Exam Study Group - Professional Development Team
- April - Brian Law, Manager Member Ambassador - Membership Team
- March - Cerila Gaillard, Manager Member Ambassador - Membership Team
- February - Deborah Caltagirone, Director Professional Development - Professional Development Team
- January - Katie Ruzicka, Manager Volunteer Management - Membership Team
2016 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- November - Ted Simpson, Manager Chapter Voicemail - Operations Team
- October - Arlene Chemello, Financial Liaison - Finance Team
- September - Co-Winners: Chantie Feinman, Co-Director Social Media, and Nicole Langston, Co-Director Social Media - Communications Team
- August - Tom Stinson, Webmaster - Communications Team
- July - Brian Zeltins, Director Volunteer Management - Membership Team
- June - Marcia Solochek, AVP Evening Chapter Meetings
- May - Simona Budurlean, AVP Volunteer Services - Membership Team
- April - Nikki Stein, Director Speaker Selection - Professional Development Team
- March - Sierra Rose, Director Core Infrastructure - Communications Team
- February - Rick Sowers, Director Evening Chapter Meetings (North) - Programs Team
- January - Joe Joyce, Networking Manager - Programs Team
2015 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- October - Tom Thorn
- September - Colleen Boles
- August - Susan Wynn
- July - Lisa Rodriguez
- June - Gary McDermott
- May - Krystle Kibler
- April - Rodney Jerger
- March - Jeff Mahoney
- February - Denise Ribeiro
- January - Jon Sears
2014 President's Circle Award recipients:
- May - Marcia Solochek
- Dec - Ronald Askew
2014 Volunteer of the Month recipients:
- November - John DeRosa
- October - David Tutch
- September - Roy Blomquist
- August - Russell Denison AND Zachary Thomas
- July - Janeen Bonine
- June - Vasily Brodsky
- May - Russ Brown
- Apr - Sandra Bufford
- Mar - Justin Peyton
- Feb - Ron Askew
- Jan - Paul Bartal
The Volunteer Recognition Program
VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH (VOTM)
Each month, the PMI Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors selects one “Volunteer of the Month”, and the recipient is recognized and announced at the Evening Chapter Meetings.
The “Volunteer of the Month” receives:
- $10.00 Gift Card
- A VOTM Certificate of Appreciation
- With approval, recognition on the chapter website throughout the month
- With approval, recognition in the Newsletter
- Upon request, Employer Volunteer Commendation Letter
- Upon request, LinkedIn recommendation
PMI PRESIDENT'S CIRCLE AWARD (PCA)
All PMI Phoenix Chapter members are eligible to nominate a PMI Phoenix Chapter volunteer who has provided “exceptional leadership service” to the Chapter over a minimum period of 3 consecutive months. The nominee’s volunteer leadership efforts have resulted in significant positive impact to the growth of the PMI Phoenix Chapter. The winner is selected solely at the discretion of the current PMI Phoenix Chapter President and is awarded 1 to 2 times per year at evening PDM chapter meetings.