Leadership Institute Meeting
PMI Global Congress North America
Click here to volunteer for October 26 [21 Positions Open]
Questions? Please contact John DeRosa.
- Registration Support: Assembling and distributing meeting materials, assisting delegates with Rapid Registration counters and Areas of Focus Kiosks, welcoming and directing attendees, etc.
- Session Monitors: Introducing the speaker by reading the bio provided, keeping time for the speaker, assisting with Q&A, etc.
- Local hosts – Communicating with attendees ahead of time to set up meeting times to welcome them to the Congress. First day of Congress only
What you need to know about volunteering
- Formal sign-up will be online at pmi.org – VRMS
- Application process takes just 5 minutes
- You do not need to complete the sections asking for references or include a resume. Just provide a brief statement about why you want to volunteer.
- Positions are filled First Come First Served
- You may volunteer for more than 1 day. Fill out an application for each day you are interested in.
- Time will be scheduled by the day, and you must be able to work the entire day.
- Volunteers do not have to pay for registration the day they volunteer
- Duties will be assigned on-site each day. They will not be assigned ahead of time, and may vary throughout the day.
- Once you fill out the application, you will receive an email acknowledgement that your application was received.
- Applications will be reviewed and you will be extended an offer if positions are still available and your application is accepted.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Earn PDUs – volunteers earn up to 6.5 PDUs for each day they volunteer (Category F – Giving Back to the Profession).
- Opportunity to build strong relationships with your fellow chapter volunteers.
- Expand your professional network - volunteers supporting LIM/Congress are invited and encouraged to network during breaks/lunches and also stay and attend the networking event on the day they are volunteering.
- Add to your skill set.
- Expand your knowledge – volunteers receive access to presentations and papers after the event.
- Volunteers also have the opportunity to attend congress (on the days that you are not volunteering) at a discounted rate.